Most people have the idea that gallstones are formed in the gallbladder. However, gallstones are, in fact, originally formed in the bile ducts, located in the liver itself. Liver stones are the less famous cousins of gallstones. Both of them are essentially the same thing. Only location defines the difference between the two.
How are these stones formed? Until today, it is still not clear what causes them to form. However, doctors have a theory that it has something to do with either of the causes found below:
- Too much cholesterol in the bile. The liver increases production of cholesterol to help the immune system repair tissue damages caused by inflammation.
- Too much bilirubin in the bile. Bilirubin is produced when the liver breaks down red blood cells. The liver may start producing too much bilirubin if one has certain blood disorders or liver problems.
Signs and Symptoms
Liver stones usually cause no obvious signs or symptoms. However, they can cause pain if one has already had his/her gallbladder removed.
On the other hand, people with gallstones usually experience some signs and symptoms. The common ones are:
- Sudden pain in the upper right portion of your abdomen
- Sudden intensifying pain in the centre of your abdomen, just below your breastbone
- Back pain between your shoulder blades
- Pain in your right shoulder
- Nausea and vomiting
- Indigestion and bloating
- Intolerance for fatty foods
- Inflammation of the pancreas
People who experience symptoms from gallstones are usually recommended to undergo gallbladder removal surgery. Although removing the gallbladder may permanently remove the acute pain caused by gallstones, other pains and digestive problems remain. Besides, as mentioned earlier, the organ that is responsible for forming the stones is actually the liver, and not the gallbladder. Thus, the formation of stones will still continue unless something is done to prevent it from happening. Removing the cause of the gallstones can be done by going through the Gallbladder & Liver Flush Programme.
Gallbladder & Liver Flush Programme
The following Nutritional Programme will gradually prepare the body to flush out the stones. This is not the only programme available to the public but we have found that it is the least intrusive programme and it has successfully mitigated the need for gallbladder removal in many cases.
First, one should go through the Detoxification & Rejuvenation Programme (DRP) for 7 days. The DRP cleans out the liver, the colon, the blood stream, and other parts of the body. It is important for the improvement of gallbladder and liver functions. If there is inflammation of the gallbladder with symptoms of severe pain and fever, you may administer 4 or 5 coffee enemas over a period of time until the symptoms subside.
For the next 7 days, go on the NewLifeTM Health Building Programme (NHBP – page 25 of the DRP Booklet) which also includes the no-salt, no-cooking oil vegetarian diet. For fluid, drink nothing but distilled water with one teaspoon of NewLifeTM Apple Cider Vinegar (add honey, if desired). This will help to soften the stones. If you have stomach or duodenal ulcers, drink freshly prepared green apple juice instead.
On the day of the ‘flush’, no solid food after 2pm. Before bedtime, mix together 6 oz. of NewLifeTM Omega Gold Flax Seed Oil and 6 oz. of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Drink the mixture, go to bed and lie down on your right side with the knees pulled towards your chin. The next morning, place a colander securely in the toilet bowl. Collect the stool that is passed out and look for the stones. The greenish stones may be passed during the first, second, or third bowel movement. If your bowels do not move, take a water enema (1 tablespoon of NewLifeTM Apple Cider Vinegar in 2 glasses of distilled water). You may repeat the ‘flush’ the following night to ensure that all the stones have been removed.
For best results, we find that going on the above Nutritional Programme for 14 days is the ideal duration. However, we have had people who experienced successful flush of gallstones on the 5th, 8th, 9th and 12th day.
WARNING: The most popular gallbladder and liver flush programme out there recommends the intake of Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate). We do not recommend the usage of Epsom Salt for the flush and feel it is not necessary in order to have a successful result. In addition, people who are unable to tolerate Epsom Salt may suffer negative reactions. In fact, several people have died as a result of Epsom Salt overdose.
Prevention Is Better…
Taking steps to strengthen the liver should prevent the formation of liver stones or gallstones. Here are some advice for maintaining a healthy liver:
- Cut down on carbohydrates.
- Eliminate refined sugar. For example, no sugar in coffee; skip sweetened beverages and go for plain water; have a slice of fruit instead, if you must end your meal with a dessert.
- Cut unhealthy fat intake. Limit your intake of deep-fried foods. Avoid pastries as they are high in fat, especially trans-fats.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Regular exercise with each session lasting at least 30 minutes. It can be any form of exercise but it should at least raise the pulse rate moderately.
- Be wise about medications. Medications can burden your liver as it needs to work extra hard to metabolize them and filter out any toxic residue. Take prescribed or over-the-counter drugs only when needed. Follow the dosage recommended to you and avoid combining medications.
- Quit smoking – Doing so can also help reduce your risk of other problems such as heart attacks and strokes.
- Stop consuming alcohol. Every drop of alcohol burdens and intoxicates your liver. The accumulation of alcohol in your body can destroy cells, eventually leading to liver diseases.
- Take liver-strengthening supplements like NewLifeTM Liverin. NewLifeTM Liverin is specifically formulated to protect and strengthen your liver. It contains milk thistle seed extract (80% silymarin), dandelion root, artichoke extract, burdock root, and celery seed extract. The combination of these powerful herbs improves your liver in various ways:
- Rebuilds liver cells and removes toxins.
- Powerful anti-oxidant to combat free radicals and oxidative stress, lowering inflammation and the risk of liver damage and other degenerative diseases.
- Reverses liver damage caused by medicines, excessive alcohol consumption as well as the effects of pollutants found in the environment.
- Stimulates the liver to increase bile flow, which carries away wastes and breaks down fats during digestion.
- Do regular coffee enemas as it plays a vital role in removing toxins accumulated in the liver and removes free radicals from the bloodstream. In addition, it increases bile flow by dilating the bile ducts, causing excess bile to flow from the liver, gallbladder, into the intestines and out of the body.
Regular administration of coffee enema:
- Increases cell energy production.
- Enhances tissue health.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Regenerates cells.
- Increases immunity and tissue repair.
- For those who have a history of gallstones, it is strongly recommended that they go through the DRP every 6 months.
“I had constant episodes of stomach discomfort (churning sensation), and was suspected of having gallstones. I was introduced to NewLifeTM Gallbladder & Liver Flush Programme. About 70-80 gallstones of different sizes were flushed out on the 8th and 9th day. I was spared from having to go through gall bladder surgery!”
Albert Lee, Kuala Lumpur.
“My friend introduced me to NewLifeTM. Two months later, I started the 7-Day DRP and on the 4th evening, I did the Gallbladder & Liver Flush Programme. The result was remarkable and I passed 200 soft yellow and green stones and 11 hard white stones.”
Eunice Ti, Bintulu.
“I went through the NewLifeTM Gallbladder & Liver Flush Programme even though I didn’t know if I had any gallstones. I passed out a total of 97 gallbladder stones ranging from 0.5 – 2.5 cm in diameter and many other tiny ones!”
Sim Bee Hong, Singapore.
“After I was diagnosed with multiple gallstones, I tried a few known methods of gallstone flushing. However, they all failed and caused me severe diarrhoea and great discomfort. I finally found my cure in NewLifeTM. After 1 week of DRP, I followed their Gallbladder & Liver Flush Programme. In all, I passed a total of 101 stones with the biggest being 2cm. I went for another ultrasound and my doctor was amazed with the results.”
Lok L. F., Singapore.
“I started with 1 week of DRP and followed with 1 week of Gallbladder & Liver Flush Programme. I passed out many dozens of stones. Before the gallstones flush, I often felt nauseated and had a poor appetite. Now I feel great and have regained the energy and stamina to travel and work. I am thankful for the ease in flushing out the gallstones without the need for surgery.”
Michael Lee, Melaka.