This soup is a vital component in the Gerson Therapy Diet. Made with an array of vegetables and herbs, it is simmered into a hearty soup. It can be eaten on its own or used as a flavorful base for other vegetable dishes. You will love this recipe as we do, because you will soon discover the multitude of ways that you can use it, and how it can be incorporated into every meal.
We highly recommend using organic vegetables for this soup, especially if you are preparing it as part of a therapeutic diet. Organic vegetables ensure clean, chemical-free ingredients that are essential for this broth as the recipe calls for the produce skins to be left on.
As there is no peeling involved, all you need to do is scrub and cut the vegetables.
1 medium celery root/celeriac (If not available, substitute with 3-4 ribs celery), cut into thirds
- medium parsley root
- small or 1 large leek, cut into thirds 2 medium onions, cut into thirds
2 kg of tomatoes (or more if desired), cut into quarters
1 kg of potatoes, cut into quarters
Few cloves of garlic or to taste (optional)
4 carrots, cut into thirds
½ pumpkin (optional), cut into chunks
Small amount of parsley stalks and leaves – add these about 5-10 minutes before the end of cooking
- Wash and cut all the
- Fill distilled water in a stainless steel or earthen pot (do not use aluminium), just enough to cover all the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil; then set to low You can use a slow cooker at low heat as an alternative. Cover pot to keep the steam in. Simmer for about 2 hours or until vegetables turn soft.
- Once cooked, run the cooked vegetables through the Alpha Juicer with mincing strainer equipped. Do this while the soup is warm but not too hot.
- You may include the garlic in cooking, or squeeze in the garlic after all these steps if you
Let the soup cool before storing. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consume whithin no more than 48 hours. To reheat, simmer over stove.
Note: You can cut the vegetables into smaller cubes/pieces and enjoy the soup without mincing.
Rich In: Minerals, Folate, Magnesium, Iodine, Potassium
Useful For: Immunity and Kidneys
Share this Post