Makes 8-9 pancakes, serves 4-5
There is something comforting about warm pancakes that get us feeling all fuzzy on the inside. Don’t let the fact that these pancakes are made entirely from wholemeal flour fool you. Its complex flavour of nutty and tangy is sure to get your taste buds going.
1 ½ cups (350ml) milk
1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
½ cup (120ml) yogurt
2 tablespoon Pure Raw Honey
¼ cup (60gm) Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
2 cups (258gm) wholemeal flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
For Caramelized bananas:
2 bananas – sliced
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the milk and apple cider vinegar. Mix well and let sit for 3-5 minute. The mixture will curdle a little.
- Beat the eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil and yoghurt into the milk mixture. Mix until evenly combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wholemeal flour, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the milk mixture into the well and stir with a fork until mixed and only small clumps of flour remain. Do not overmix batter.
- Drizzle a little bit of coconut oil in a pan and heat it over medium heat.
- Spoon a ¼ cup of batter onto the pan. When bubbles form on the surface, flip the pancake over to cook the other side.
- In another pan, heat the Extra Virgin Coconut oil and gently saute the banana sliced for 1 minute on each side.
- Top the pancakes with the caramelized bananas. Serve immediately, with butter and honey.
You can make these pancakes ahead of time and freeze them. These keep well for 2-3 months.