If you are wondering what coffee enemas are all about, or if you are looking for information on how to get started… you have come to the right place!
The purpose of the coffee enema is to cleanse and fortify the liver in its job as a blood detoxifying organ. Why is detoxification important? Everyday, the body is exposed to toxins from both external (pollution, unhealthy diet, etc.) and internal (stress, food intolerances / allergies, hormonal imbalance, etc.) sources. While our body is capable of maintaining function despite these stresses, over time and as we age, organs such as the liver start to struggle and become less efficient / effective. A weakened liver can cause chronic toxicity and inflammation throughout the body, which contributes to premature aging, fatigue, allergies, joint problems, cancer and other ailments. It also increases our risk for chronic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune diseases and more.
How do coffee enemas benefit the body?
- Strengthens the immune system
- Detoxifies the liver and the blood
- Promotes liver health
- Reduces inflammation and free radical damage
Certain palmitates (fatty acids) found in coffee help to promote the production and activity of the enzyme glutathione S-transferase (GST). This enzyme is a powerful antioxidant produced in the liver, and is responsible for neutralizing free radicals that can cause cellular damage in the body, while increasing the efficacy of any antioxidants we consume such as vitamin C. An increased production of glutathione S-transferase helps to reduce systemic inflammation, which may be helpful for pain management and especially for conditions associated with inflammation.
- Add 3 heaping tablespoons of NewLife Enema Coffee to 2-4 glasses (500 ml -1litre) of distilled water.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain (if using coffee grounds) and leave to cool to body temperature.
- The amount of distilled water used for boiling the coffee should depend on your body size and your ability to retain the coffee. For example, if you have a small build, then you may use 2 glasses (500 ml) of the distilled water. The volume of water should not exceed 1 liter. The final solution would be less than the original volume of the water used.
- If you find it difficult to retain the coffee, then use 2 glasses (500 ml) of distilled water to prepare the coffee. 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar or 1/4 teaspoon of K-Salt may be added to the solution prior to administering the enema to help in the retention.
ADMINISTRATION OF ENEMA
- Pour the prepared coffee solution into a NewLife Enema Bag or Bucket.
- Open the stop-valve(s) and allow the coffee solution to fill the enema tube, closing the valves once the tube is completely filled.
- You can ensure that there are no bubbles left in the enema tube by lifting the tube above the bag and then lowering it slowly until the coffee solution fills the tube.
- Hang the NewLife™ Enema Bag or Bucket 18-24 inches above the body, such as on a doorknob, using a clothes hanger or a “S” hook.
- Lubricate the anal tube with NewLife™ Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Insert the anal tube 3-4 cm (for adults*) into the anus.
- Lie down on the right side with both knees pulled forward towards the chin. Open the stop-valve and allow the coffee solution to flow into the body.
- Within 2-3 minutes, the Bag or Bucket will empty, leaving a small amount of coffee solution in the tube. Turn off the stop-valve, and slowly pull out the anal tube.
- Retain the coffee while lying down on your right side for up to 15 minutes, then go to the toilet for expulsion.
Some may find it difficult to retain the coffee for 15 minutes, especially first timers. Do not force yourself to retain if you are unable to. It usually becomes easier after a few sessions and when the toxin levels in your body are reduced.
Meanwhile, check that:
- The Enema Bag or Bucket is not placed more than 2 feet above the body.
- The temperature of the coffee solution is neither too cold nor too hot; it should be at body temperature.
- The bowel is cleared of feces/encrustations by prior administration of a water enema (2-3 glasses of distilled water with 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, no retention required) to remove the accumulated wastes.
- Wash the enema set with water and wash the anal tube with soap. Allow the water to drain completely out of the tube.
- Rinse the Bag or Bucket with 2 caps full of 3% NewLife™ Hydrogen Peroxide solution, allowing the Hydrogen Peroxide to run through the enema tube. This helps to disinfect the set and prevent any fungus from growing in the tube.
- Hang the set to dry.